At Goodwill we have a very defined set of Core Values and Guiding Principles that we use to guide our business and train our employees.
Our Core Values
- Our People. They are our greatest asset.
- Honesty. We work together with integrity and with the highest ethical standards.
- Effectiveness. We are dedicated to making the right things happen with superior results.
- Stewardship. We accept responsibility for the care of our mission, guiding principles, resources and people.
- Continuous Improvement. We are better today than yesterday, but not as good as tomorrow.
- Teamwork. No person is as smart as all of us.
- Open Communications. We create a safe environment for quality communications as well as quality listening.
- Responsibility. We value our personal and professional obligations; we keep our promises.
- Spirit. We bring a passion for our mission in all we do.
- Acknowledgement. Our people will be coached and know where they stand. We recognize work well done.
- Empowerment. We provide skills, resources and authority to assist people in making informed decisions.
Our Guiding Principles for Donated Goods
- We are committed to providing world-class customer service to all of our customers.
- We are committed to a clean, neat, organized and safe facility. The image of the facility reflects Goodwill, the manager/TLC and the team.
- We are committed to a store with full and fresh inventory.
- Donors and shoppers should be greeted in 10 seconds.
- Every time we touch a donation, something good should happen to it.
- All donations should be processed within 24 hours.
- If you have a pile, you have a problem.
- Hard goods should be priority processed.
- Material handling equipment is for moving donations, not storage or merchandising.
- Don’t fall in love with your donations…rotation is critical to success.
- Donor value should increase.
- Profits should increase.
Our Guiding Principles for Contracts and Marketing
- Provide world-class customer service.
- Treat each person with respect, integrity, honesty, openness and fairness.
- Respond to requests, needs and issues in a timely, effective manner.
- Provide clean, healthy, green and safe facilities and work environments and project a clean, neat and professional personal appearance.
- Build and sustain long-term relationships that are mutually beneficial.
- Bid and accept contracts that wll align with our company's mission, skills, capacity and price structure, creating win-win situations for all parties.